Thursday, October 22, 2009

7 Weeks to 100 Pushups - Initial Test

I maxed out at 23 good form pushups, which 6 months ago would have been absolutely amazing to me :-) but for now, it's a good starting number. I get to skip 2 weeks of the program because I can do more than 20 already, so this could very well be 5 weeks to 100 pushups!

I begin again next Monday. If I start on Friday, I'll throw off the timing, so the extra couple of days off won't hurt. Not like I won't do some other kind of workout till then anyways!

Thank you again to MakeUseOf.com for providing another good article! I was very happy to find this program (or shall I say it found me!) because I wanted to do more pushup workouts to get more upper body development, and bam, here's a program to do it. I'm a "tell me the routine and I'll do it" kind of guy, so having someone do the work for me was a big help!

Along the way I'll still be doing the basictrainingSF classes as well, which are such good workouts (if you've ever worked out "bootcamp" style, you'll know what I'm talking about!). These ladies know just how to kick my butt, but I feel so good for it later!

The resulting changes to my body are coming along pretty slowly, true, but I have to admit that there are results. Not going to be winning any bodybuilding contests (hahaha!) of course but I'm glad to see changes instead of just hoping for them.

So, I guess I have my first ever fitness goal... beyond "do more exercise, get in shape", which we all know is the biggest load of crap "goal" you can have! 5 weeks from now and Kathi will be here for our Anniversary... and maybe I'll have something to show her!!! :-)

OK, that's the report for now... status reports to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment