When I first setup my fan page, the way that I got this blog to be imported onto the fan page was by configuring Facebook Notes to import an RSS feed that is created by each new blog
- an RSS feed is a news feed, usually of a new story or post, offered by most news and informational type websites, and can be read with an RSS reader, of which there are many including most Browsers, most mail clients such as Outlook, and specific programs. These are offered as quick ways to get news and stories without having to always go directly to the website when the new articles arrive.
To fix the problem of the slow feed from Facebook, I started using a Facebook app called RSS Grafitti, which did the import of my blog in a very fast timeframe (I believe it checks the Blogger site every five minutes or something, so 5 minutes after a blog is posted, it will be on Facebook). This is great and I like that alot, however, now when you click on the blog to read it, you are redirected to the Blogger website. This means that you have to go BACK to Facebook if you want to comment on the blog (though you can comment here on Blogger as well). I feel like this will take away from people providing their feedback because I don't actually maintain my Blogger site at all other than to actually write my blogs so if people are commenting on the blogs here then I mostly won't notice and neither will most other people.
So, to the heart of the matter, the question I wanted to ask from the start... which way is better??? Is it better to have the blogs show up as Notes in Facebook, but take a really long time to get there, or is it better that the blog arrive right away and to just let people get redirected to this site and read the blog on Blogger, and then go back to Facebook to comment? I'm torn, I really don't know which is the better way.
I like the Notes/RSS feed method better, but I hate how long it takes. I love how fast the program RSS Graffiti is but I don't want people redirected to another website to read my blogs.
What would you do?
Thanks for the help!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment