Monday, January 18, 2010

Germany - Day 2

I have officially started my second day in Germany, though day 1 was a wash as it was partially taken with travel and lost hours by moving ahead 9 hours. We came home, went to dinner, then to bed, so day 1 was not so exciting :-)

The first thing I have to say is, Mom, you were so right about the weather! I doubted a bit since you and Michelle are always cold :) but it is legitimately colder than a witches tittie out here! Long johns are going to be a must for this California boy!

Today is going to be my first "real" day in Germany... unpacking my bags, unfolding my clothes, arranging my little room, and tonight it's Kathi's fathers birthday and we'll be going out to dinner. I'm sure I'm going to be sitting there not understanding a word since they'll definitely be speaking German 99% of the time (except when they talk to me :-), so I'll just sit and enjoy the company!

For another day or so, I'm just going to adjust to the country and not do much else. Take walks, go to the store, play around with TV (or what I can understand anyways!), and just chill. But later this week, it's going to be time for business.

First item of business... immigration office. I want to get my residence papers going and get established so that I don't get myself booted from the country! I have every intention of doing this properly and getting myself legal. Since I still need to get a job, getting residence status will be a huge plus to getting a work permit. Truth be told, I'm not really sure if they are even tied together at all, but I still consider residence priority #1.

That's enough blogging for one day. I'm going to be doing my best to keep a running journal of my stay for a while... at least until I'm fairly well established and everyone stops giving a shit, lol. So, stay tuned folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment