So, I've come to realize that I don't use this blog enough because I use Facebook as my blog, essentially. But, my life and my thoughts count for more than just 160 characters at once, don't they! :)
I have to say that life is good right now. Germany is treating me pretty well and I'm enjoying my time out here. And just about everything I planned for is happening in the timeframe that I wanted, though definitely not completely! There have been some surprises, for sure!
The most important thing that is happening for me is that I'm getting married! Yes, Kathi and I are getting married May 20th, and I couldn't be happier about it. Kathi is perfect for me... when they say your wife is supposed to be your better half, they must have known that I was going to marry Kathi ;-) because she is definitely the best part of me! I don't know how I got along before without her. I'm flighty, but she's grounded. I'm intelligent, but she's smart and intelligent! And she gives me a reason to try and be a better person... so that I can be a better man for her. She deserves it! Kathi is an amazing person... sweet, kind, smart, gorgeous, and honest. She deserves a great man in her life, and I aim to prove that I'm that man... until the day I'm gone from this world!!!
I've finally got a job here in Germany too. While I had lofty dreams of it happening in 3 months or less, I've finally gotten a full time job at a good company. I start June 1st... though that means I probably won't see a paycheck until July! But regardless, it'll be great to finally be back in the workforce and be able to give back to my girl, who's given me so much in these past few months. She has been the backbone since I got here and I'd really like to be able to take some of the pressure off of her. Not to mention, and I can't believe I can actually say this, but I was starting to go a bit stir crazy not having a job for these few months. Since I think about 2002 or so, I haven't had more than a single weekend off between jobs, and it was definitely a challenge to keep my self busy and occupied while I was unemployed. But, it's all coming to plan, just as I wanted it to, so I'm happy.
Yes, things are going as I planned, though not always as smoothly as I would have liked, but that's life for you. I had a 6 month plan for when I moved to Germany, and so far, it's working out. I wanted to take my language classes and get certified... and I did it. I wanted to find work... and I did it. There were some snags here and there, but with 2 incomes coming into the house, things will be going pretty smoothly for me and Kathi.
I think I'll try to write more again later, but I'm already in a rush today... have another opportunity I need to see someone about this afternoon, and then it's shopping for a suit with my friend Gemma! Need to look good for my wedding, after all!
Tschuss!
No comments:
Post a Comment