Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Insanity - COMPLETE!!!

Tonight, I finally finished the Insanity workout routine. Though it took alot longer than the schedule called for, I'm extremely pleased and proud of myself.

It took 5 months to finish a 2 month program, but even taking that long, I've seen amazing results and changes to my body. Inches to my biceps, definition in my chest and back, strong legs, and even just the slightest hint that there are some abs under there. I can only imagine the results if I'd been able to follow his schedule of 6 days a week for 60 days. I think for the first time I really do believe the "hype" you see on TV. If I could get this good of results just doing 2 to 4 times a week, even skipping a week here and there, then if I'd been able to follow his schedule, I'd be ripped right now.

I've said it so many times since I started working with his routine... if you want to see and feel some real results with a workout routine that you know is working for you, get your hands on the Insanity DVDs and get to work. Forget your excuses. Costs too much? How much have you wasted on a gym membership and gotten shit for results? Don't have the time? I work everyday with an hour long commute to and from, have to walk my dog for an hour, make dinner, do any chores necessary, and spend quality time with my lady, yet I still found the time to workout a few time a week. You make time when you want time. Don't like to work out alone? Then keep your membership at the gym and do the workouts in the stretch area. Invite someone to come over and do it with you. Go to the park and work out outside. I can't think of any more excuses, but if you've got em, toss em out the window and get to work!

Nothing beats bodyweight exercises. No weights, no lame gym machines, and not cardio work either. Bodyweight exercises will transform you from the inside out, making you truly strong, not just having muscles that can't do anything. You get cardio when doing bodyweight workouts. You get great muscle strength. You get stretching. And you balance and agility. And you don't need anything but yourself (though you can use some objects to increase certain moves, but it's still all you and your own weight). Don't believe me? Ask any wrestler... martial artist... military personnel... 90% of their workouts are bodyweight exercise related. How did soldiers for the past thousands of years get strong? They didn't have weights, they used body weight exercises, and I'm sure we can all agree that a Roman soldier a thousand years ago could have likely snapped any of us in half without much trouble at all.

The Insanity program was FUCKING awesome. I can't wait to do it again, but next, I'm going to start P90X. It's mostly bodyweight work as well but it does incorporate some dumbbells and pull ups (still a body weight exercise, but I bought one of those bars for inside the house). I hear that this program is actually easier than Insanity, but only one way to find out.

I expect to continue my great results and I'm doing it without a gym membership, without tons of machines, and having a great time doing it. Try it sometime... you might like it too.

If you want to get into real workouts and do bodyweight exercises, here are some resources..

Matt Furey's combat conditioning... tons of excellent workouts.
Insanity DVDs
http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Your-Own-Gym/dp/0971407614
http://www.alkavadlo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment