On Friday, I leave for a 10 day trip back to the hometown, San Francisco! I'm beginning to get very excited!!!
I leave Friday afternoon. Unfortunately, I have to work for half a day, but since it's only half a day, I'm basically just going to do very little then get out of here! Good thing is that it's fairly easy to get to the airport from my job, so that won't be such a big deal.
What's cool is that even though I will be flying for 11+ hours, I will still be arriving in SF at 5:30pm. Going west you always gain the hours back, so I will still have half a day for my vacation day (can anyone say burritos???).
The following Sunday I will be catching my second Niner's game since I left SF... the first being on the computer when Dave visited, and it happened to be the most boring victory of the year against Cincinnati. I'm very excited about this!!! I've invited just about everyone to come to Blackthorn tavern to watch the game, and since I'm on vacation, I can go ahead and get as trashed as I want to! Go Niners!!!
On Monday and Tuesday evening, I booked two very cool outdoor workout sessions with Basic Training. It seems that they have really expanded since I last took some courses with them back in 2009. From what they have posted on their Facebook and webpages, I think these will be extremely challenging and awesome workouts.
Thursday is the main reason I'm here... Thanksgiving! Last year, I missed both holidays (Thanksgiving I celebrated in Germany, big success, and Xmas I was stuck in London due to bad weather!). So this will be a big deal for me and my family, our first holiday we all spend together since Xmas 2009. My mom is going to cook all our favorites and it should be a great dinner. I can't wait.
The rest of the trip is basically for whatever I want. I plan to spend a lot of the free time with my family, since I didn't see them so much during my Anniversary trip earlier this year. But since my sister works and the girls are in school, and cause mom is not the party type :) I should have plenty of free time to visit with everyone. I should try to get a bar night going somewhere in there!
I expect to have a great trip. I'm sorry that it's so short, but it was the best I could do, so I'll take it!
Can't wait to see my SF folks!
Peace
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment