I wish that I've been able to see more 49er games this year because, obviously, they are doing HELLA good! And from what I've seen and read this isn't just a fluke either. The defense is for reals, and the offense has provided enough firepower to be game planned for.
Now, since I haven't seen so many games, there are lots of intangibles that I can't comment on, things you only see when you've watched the team play week in and week out. Things like how well the offensive line is really doing (my thought, quite well, except for the Baltimore game), how well are the corners doing on defense, etc.
Again, my research and the few games I've watched says that the 49ers have it all going in the right places. They have a team that could take it the whole way and win a Super Bowl. But CAN they do it?
- A continued strong running attack will be crucial.
- Alex Smith and the receiving corp will need to have big games throughout the playoffs, period. Likely the ground game can provide the meat for the offense, but in the playoffs, it's usually the big plays that win it, and big plays come from receivers.
- Alex Smith must continue to play error free ball. He's shown he can, even when getting dropped all day (Baltimore game), but in the playoffs, guys are going to be coming for the kill. He's going to have to keep a cool head and play the good ball he's done all year for the Niners to have a chance.
- Defense, don't let up. Destroy runners in the playoffs. Beat the opposing QBs to death. Absolutely continue to be the grind em up and spit em out defense you've been all year.
- Coaching staff... don't get out coached! When you face someone like Bill Belichick, you better have your gameplan... and HIS gameplan... all figured out and ready to rock.
- Ted Ginn. A big day from him could win a playoff game. Make a play man and win yourself a ring!
The Niners are definitely contenders to take it all this year. However, there is some serious competition that they would need to go through first. I hope that this team can do it, it's the best shot we've had in years and I'm ready to see another Championship return to SF!!!
And, oh yes, if the Niners make it to the Superbowl, I WILL be in SF to witness this!!! You will see the "send Mike Custer to SF" collection fund out there, and I expect contributions!!! :-)
Go Niners!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment