I know that when a setback hits me, I go through two phases. The first phase, which is the immediate aftermath, I am angry, upset, sad, and totally inconsolable. However the second phase I am upbeat, positive, and ready to beat the damn setback to death!
How many of you are the same way? Do you have bad or good reactions to your setbacks? Are you the get mad and scream kinda of person, the "ehhhhh it happens" kind of person, or the super positive, super happy, I'll win no matter what type of person (you types kind of annoy me... at least in phase one, haha!)
Most of my setbacks come from either money or personal fitness. Either I spend too much and am broke (and it's 99.9% always my own fault!) or I don't meet my fitness goals (I can't believe that on my current diet I gained a pound, totally ruined my morning!). I'm always so angry about it because I know, in hindsight (which we know is 20/20), I can always see what I did wrong. So I guess that's why, once I start to think about what I did wrong, I'm able to turn my mood around and be ready to deal with it and get over the hump.
What's been your latest setback? Does it still have you down or have you risen up and beat it? Love you hear how you deal with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment